ECDS Uploads for Pre-K Data
Texas school districts and charter schools will use the CLI Engage XML File Download Tool to export pre-K data to upload into TEA’s Early Childhood Data System (ECDS). Texas districts are required to submit beginning-of-year and end-of-year child progress monitoring data. Please note that this ECDS process is different from the kindergarten data process.
Sign-Up for Free Access!
2022-2023 ECDS Process for Pre-K Data
- Teachers complete progress monitoring throughout the school year
- For BOY and EOY, districts review data and resolves any errors
- Districts export data from CLI Engage using the XML File Download Tool
- Districts upload XML files to ECDS
ECDS will accept pre-K data beginning November 8, 2022. Districts can choose to upload BOY data after their initial progress monitoring window closes, followed by EOY data later in the Spring (preferred method). Or, upload both BOY and EOY data together.
Due date for prekindergarten ECDS data: Thursday, June 22, 2023 by 11:59 PM
Your Submission to ECDS
Recommended steps prior to exporting your XML files from CLI Engage:
- Use Student Results Export to download a file of the progress monitoring data from CLI Engage
- Ensure that all students have TSDS IDs (only students with TSDS IDs will be included in the export)
- Ensure that any duplicate students have been removed
- Update and adjust enrollment and withdrawal dates to exclude students who were not enrolled during your assessment window
- Data from CIRCLE Progress Monitoring from BOY and EOY only, in specific domains
- For most districts: wave 1 (BOY) and wave 3 (EOY)
- For those using CPM at 4 waves: wave 1 (BOY) and wave 4 (EOY)
- TSDS IDs required for students
- Reports include scores only for students with a valid 10-digit TSDS ID
- Students with missing, invalid, or duplicate TSDS ID are not included
- Assessment window (dates) required
- Reports include scores for both Active and Inactive students with PK grade level
- XML files will not include an overall composite score for “school readiness”
- If your teachers assessed students in English and Spanish, be sure to export XML files for both languages
Update from 2020-21: Removal of -999 Scoring
The XML files will no longer include the -999 score (indicating “not assessed” in previous years) to identify if a student was not assessed in a specific academic domain. This change will reduce the number of submission errors related to -999 scores reported with an incompatible enrollment date.