“Unlocking TECPDS: Making the Most of Your Workforce Registry Account for Texas Rising Star” are a series of courses developed to provide Texas Rising Star (TRS) Providers and Staff with information about recent changes to the Texas Early Childhood Professional Development System (TECPDS) and its Texas Workforce Registry. These online trainings detail how a TRS provider can make the most of their account on TECPDS. These modules will familiarize users with creating and completing accounts ready for records validation.
Entry Level Designation
As of October 3, 2022, Texas Government Code §2308.3155 requires all Child Care Services (CCS) child care and early learning programs be included in the Texas Rising Star program, beginning at an Entry Level designation. Entry Level programs may receive technical assistance, resources, materials, and mentoring to support them in attaining Texas Rising Star certification. Visit TECPDS to learn more.
- Workforce Registry Accounts for Texas Rising Star Practitioners
- Workforce Registry Accounts for Texas Rising Star Administrators
- Workforce Registry Accounts for Local Workforce Development Board Staff
- Workforce Registry Accounts for Texas Rising Star Validators
TO ACCESS THIS TRAINING SERIES:
Workforce Registry Accounts for Texas Rising Star is available for all users! All you need to do is create a free account, then login to CLI Engage.
If you aren’t already logged in, this link will take you to the CLI Engage login screen then direct you straight to the course.
Workforce Registry Accounts for Texas Rising Star
There are five specific skillsets and benefits to learn from the Texas Workforce Registry for Administrators and Practitioners online modules. These features and benefits include:
- Individual Profile Report: Upload your documents into your Workforce Registry account and download your profile report, detailing your education, credentials, professional development, and work history over time.
- Texas Core Competencies for Early Childhood Practitioners and Administrators: Core competencies refer to demonstrated skills and abilities that help professionals know what skills and knowledge they should possess to be successful in their careers.
- Career Lattice Report: Based on the Texas Early Childhood Career Pathway, upload your records into your Workforce Registry account to determine your career lattice level and plan the next steps in your career.
- Link to Your Center: Practitioners can connect their profiles to their current employers, and administrators can view individual profile reports for all practitioners connected to their center/school.
- Record Validation: Through TECPDS, an individual’s professional development, education, and employment records can be reviewed and validated by TECPDS and local workforce development board staff. These validated records allow users to view and download career lattice and professional development reports with their “validated” career lattice level, rather than “self-reported” level.