How To Facilitate CLI Engage Online Courses
Facilitating online learning is designed for those who provide professional development to early childhood teachers, administrators, coaches, and parents and wish to facilitate online courses on CLI Engage.
Prerequisite Requirements for Facilitators
The competency of a facilitator is determined by demonstrated knowledge and skills. At a minimum, online course facilitators are approved by CLI when they meet one or more of the trainer requirements listed below.
- Currently listed on the Texas Trainer Registry
- Is an instructor at a high school, college or university who teaches early childhood development or another relevant course
- Works for a state agency, school district or education service center with relevant expertise (such as Child Care Licensing, Department of Agriculture, Department of State Health Services, ISD, or ESC)
- Holds a generally recognized credential or degree (Child Development Associate Credential, Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in child development, early education, or a related field)
Facilitator Application Process
Applicants must provide information meeting one of the trainer requirements above for online course facilitators in their application. The approval process is as follows:
- All applicants must have an active CLI Engage account. If you do you not currently have a CLI Engage account, click here to request access.
- Applicant must complete the Facilitator Application.
- Facilitator Application will be processed within 5 business days. If approval is not given, reasons will be provided with an opportunity to resubmit the application for approval when the reasons are addressed.
- Applicant must complete the “Facilitating Online Learning” course on CLI Engage. This one-hour course is available for self-enrollment in the Online Learning and Professional Development section of the Dashboard through selection from the Course Catalog.
- Applicant must notify email@example.com after completing the above required course and should provide a copy of their course certificate.
- Within 5 business days of applicant’s notification of completion, access will be granted to the applicant to facilitate the courses requested in their application.
- Previously approved facilitators may be asked to renew their approval in the future. Instructions for re-approval will be emailed if necessary.
Complete the Facilitator Application Form
Information for Approved Facilitators
CLI recommends a class size of no more than 25 learners per course. The following resources may be particularly helpful for course facilitators, in addition to other resources available in the CLI Engage support guides and resources.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org